Burak Yilmaz has been signed from Besiktas by Lille OSC to replace Victor Osimhen till 2022 according to Frabizio Romano.
Yilmaz, 35, scored 13 goals and provided 7 assists in the Turkish 1st division this season.
The move to acquire the services of the 35-year-old Turk by French side Lille is still a shock to football followers.
Yilmaz is considered to be the replacement for 21-year-old Victor Osimhen who is on the verge of been unveiled by Italian Serie A side, Napoli.
The Turk will be joining Lille as a free agent considering he’ll be giving up a percentage of his unpaid salaries to play in Ligue 1.
Turkish clubs have been hit hard in the belt by the coronavirus pandemic and are finding it hard to handle financial obligations as usual.
6 Things To Know About Burak Yilmaz
- National Team and Goals – Burak plays for the Turkish men senior national team. He moved through the ranks playing for the U17, U18, U19, U20 and U21 and home-based sides before making his debut for the senior national team in 2006. Yilmaz has gone on to register 24 goals in 59 games for country.
- Club Career and Goals – Burak Yilmaz has played for 8 clubs including Antalyaspor, Manisaspor, Fenarbahce, Eskisehirspor, Trabzonspor, Galatasaray, Beijing Guoan and Besiktas scoring a total of 224 goals at club level.
- Family – According to Wikipedia, Burak is the son of the manager and former professional footballer Fikret Yılmaz. Yılmaz has two daughters from his marriage to İstem Atilla, which lasted for four years.
- Networth – He is considered to have made a fortune playing for Turkey’s biggest clubs like Fenerbahce and Galatasaray and is considered as one of the richest football athletes in his country. He owns a customized Bentley known as Burak Yilmaz Bently Continental car. The car is valued at 45, 000 dollars.
5. Religious View – According to taddlr.com, the striker has no religious views.
6. FIFA 2020 Rating – Burak is valued at €8000, 000 by FIFA Index. His overall rating in FIFA 20 is 79.